- Welcome to the new Four Square Community Action website!
Head Start Annual Reports
- Head Start Annual Report 2008-2009
- Head Start Annual Report 2009-2010
- Head Start Annual Report 2010-2011
- Head Start Annual Report 2011-2012
- Head Start Annual Report 2012-2013
- Head Start Annual Report 2013-2014
- Head Start Annual Report 2014-2015
- Head Start Annual Report 2015-2016
What is Community Action?
Community Action Agencies are nonprofit organizations created by President Lyndon B. Johnson’s signing of the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964. This Act embodies the philosophy that low-income individuals can best identify the problems their communities face and also develop solutions to help resolve the issues. Currently, 1,100 community action agencies in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and the Trust Territories provide direct human services to 95 percent of the nation’s counties. Through local community action and limited purpose agencies, eligible low-income individuals and the elderly in all 100 counties in North Carolina may benefit from services offered.